Programs by Location Summary
The Beachcomber residential program, is a highly effective method of addiction recovery that provides clients with up to thirty hours of clinical therapy a week as well as supervised residential housing during their time in the program. It includes the following:
- Individualized course in addiction therapy. It is intended for those who require intensive, highly structured clinical therapy to achieve their sobriety goals.
- Up to thirty hours a week of intensive clinical therapy. Five hours of therapy a day six or seven days a week. It includes one-on-one sessions, group sessions and family therapy sessions.
- Professional and compassionate care from licensed therapists
- Trauma therapy available through Rapid Resolution Therapy
- Access to our residential housing
- Highly structured, goal oriented individual treatment programs
- Medical and Psychiatric staff are available on premise on a weekly schedule and as needed
- As part of the therapy, holistic method that strengthen the body, sharpen the mind and bring serenity to the soul are included:
- The low impact “bodylastics” fitness program
- Stretching and flexibility classes
- 12-step yoga flow classes
- 12-step meetings
The Beachcomber has long prided itself on our decades of providing professional, courteous care for those struggling with addiction and alcoholism. This program is intended only for those who are truly committed to their recovery and who are determined to become empowered to sustain a healthy, sober lifestyle. Our residential programs are available in Ft Lauderdale and Delray Beach.
The Intensive outpatient program is designed for those transitioning from more intensive level of treatment or those who are working, going to school or taking care of loved ones and unable to take a leave of absence. The program is designed with flexibility in mind.
- The Intensive outpatient program offers 11 sessions 7 days a week
- We have afternoon and evening sessions during the week, and morning sessions on the weekend
- The schedule is flexible so that you can work around your existing commitments for work, school and family
- You can attend IOP while living at home or we can help you locate suitable housing
- A minimum of 24 sessions (usually a two month program) is typically recommended for outpatient clients with a minimum of 10 hours of treatment weekly
- Individual and group therapy sessions have a twelve step orientation. Sessions include the following:
- Relapse prevention
- Gender-specific groups
- LGBTQ groups
- 3rd Step/Spiritual Groups
- 12 Step Groups
- Family therapy, including Family Groups a minimum of 3 times per month
- Trauma therapy
- We prepare you for ongoing attendance in self-help programs such as AA and NA
- Each client works with their counselor on an individualized therapy program
- Holistic sessions are part of the therapy sessions: acupuncture, mindfulness meditation, nutrition education and our own 12-Step Yoga
- We have a monthly Celebration of Sobriety BBQ dinner along with music and group therapy. This is an opportunity to celebrate accomplishments of alumni and current clients and their progress on their road to long sobriety
- Clients can attend IOP sessions at both the Boynton Beach and Ft Lauderdale locations
The Beachcomber Relapse Prevention Program follows the CENAPS© model and is facilitated by counselors who have been trained and certified in the leading form of relapse prevention. The CENAPS Model is effective because it integrates group supervision, direct treatment application, and results in client giving and getting immediate feedback about how they are responding individually and in a group.
- Twice-weekly workshop for eight weeks, helping clients identify their early warning signs, high risk situations, and addictive thoughts
- Education about the progressive nature of relapse
- Skills training to enhance skills to identify early warning signs of relapse
- Development of an individual Relapse Prevention Plan based on the individual’s early warning signs
- Supervised implementation of individual Relapse Prevention Plan
- Recovery Maintenance throughout program by trained and certified staff as well as feedback by other clients
- Craving management
- Early relapse intervention to stop relapse quickly should it occur
- Monthly Alumni groups to update any relapse prevention issues
- Recovery support network development
The Relapse Prevention Program is available after the client has been stabilized in their recovery, usually a two week period. The client is required to commit to twice a week groups for eight weeks in order to be eligible for the program. The Relapse Prevention program is available at the Ft Lauderdale and Boynton Beach facilities.
Early societies had little choice but to adjust to nature in every way. Entire cultures were built on holistic principles, in order to exist in harmony with the natural processes taking place around them. Many of these principles carried forward and were refined over the centuries. The Beachcomber uses holistic practices as a tool to reduce stress and anxiety in early recovery. We offer the following to help achieve the balance of body, mind and spirit that is the net goal of our program of recovery.
- Acupuncture is a system of complementary medicine used to alleviate pain and treat various physical, mental, and emotional conditions
- 12-Step Yoga promotes a sense of mind-body wholeness and physical connection to the themes underlying the 12 steps
- Chi Gong (Qigong): a holistic system of coordinated body posture and movement, breathing, and meditation from ancient China that helps develop health and spirituality
- Nutrition teaches the healing effects that eating properly can have on the body
- Meditation (Daily) is a calming technique, a refocusing of one’s energies to find productive, beneficial insights into life
- Mindfulness therapy helps patients learn to handle their emotions and anxiety in a meaningful, productive way
- Spirituality assists patients to become attuned to aspects of the human spirit, such as acceptance, tolerance, forgiveness and harmony
Holistic Therapy is offered at all three of our facilities (Ft Lauderdale, Boynton Beach, Delray Beach)
Many people afflicted with alcoholism or drug addiction have had major traumatic events in their lives. Reliving the traumatic events often blocks the individual’s ability to do what is necessary to stay sober.
Rapid Trauma Resolution, or Trauma Therapy, eliminates the negative emotional or behavioral influence of traumatic events, whether these experiences are remembered, repressed or forgotten.
It is not necessary to relive past events or experience any pain. The mind is cleared, organized and optimized. There are dramatic improvements in thoughts, feelings and behavior. Unconscious conflicts blocking desired change are pinpointed and resolved. As the root cause of problems is cleared, positive change endures.
Clearing traumatic events allows the alcoholic or addict to work on other aspects of his/her personality or psyche which ultimately helps them to stay sober. Clearing the traumatic event is often accomplished in one session, approximately an hour long.
Rapid Resolution Therapy has provided effective solutions to:
- Panic Attacks
- Sexual Issues
- Social Anxiety
- Negative Habits
- Low Self Esteem
- Post-Traumatic Stress
- Self-Destructive Behavior
At the Beachcomber we use rapid resolution therapy as part of our treatment protocol. This is available at all three of our locations (Ft Lauderdale, Boynton Beach and Delray Beach).